MPhil and PhD research in Liberal Arts
The areas of study that we can supervise are the same as those for the MA Liberal Arts. However, it may be that you are interested in researching the area of liberal arts education itself, and we are keen to hear from you if this is the case.
In addition, if your interests do not sit neatly within any particular subject discipline, then you might consider an MPhil or Ph.D. in Modern Liberal Arts.
The tutors profiles and interests can be found on the University of Winchester website.
Indicative MPhil and PhD projects
- Nature, Early Education and the Child: Towards a Philosophy of Transformation as Emergence
- To comprehend the nature and significance of aporetic philosophy in Hegel and Rowan Williams
- Anarchism and education
- Children’s spirituality
- An examination of the relation between phenomenology and the philosophical teacher
- The Need for a Jewish Voice in Modern Liberal Arts Education
- The Relations of Teaching and Tragedy
- Enlightenment returns to Myth: factors influencing the investigation of racist attitudes exhibited by primary school children
- Philosophy and the Facetious Style; examining philosophy as method in the works of Gillian Rose
- A Philosophical Exploration of the notion of contingency
- Theorizing philosophical education: dialectic in the western tradition